Wednesday 23 September 2009

Back for Good!

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Seems ages since I was sharing my adventures with you, but this is because i have just recovered from a mammoth adventure through Holland, Belguim and France with Mummy, Daddy, Uncle John, Auntie Trish and my very special friend Buzzby!


We set off on Sunday 30th July from Newcastle.
We sailed on a big ferry, arriving in Ijmuiden, Holland, first thing on Monday morning!
Here was the view from my cabin window!





Monday was a very busy day, we drove through Holland and Belguim, arriving in France late afternoon!

Both Buzzby and I were tired and grabbed a few moments of rest when we could!



I kept a look out for any dark clouds which may come along!



Daddy was tired too, so I snuggled next to him and talked about what I could see in the sky!




There was lots of faffing about with maps, but we arrived with Auntie Dorothy on Wednesday afternoon!



Uncle keith had had to travel over to England, but Auntie Dorothy really looked after us.
She made some lovely meals and the wine flowed!




We stayed for 2 wonderful nights, but then it was time to make our way home.



We stopped twice on route, daddy and me posing for a funny picture.
Hope this makes you smile!




We stopped in 2 lovely places.
I was tired and dozed off near the TV!


Our last night was spent in Holland.
We were on the 9th floor!

Waheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

Well it is good to be back!
I am going on a very very very very special adventure on Sunday and will tell you all about it in the next couple of days!

Watch this space!


12 comments:

  1. Aloha Ducky..
    wow, you go on the best adventures.. :) Thankyou for sharing!
    PEace, Kai n Md xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I want to travel like that. What an awesome adventure. Lovely meals and wine ummm what can be better than that other than the traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Duck! Sounds like you had quite an adventure! Welcome back!
    your cat pal,
    Bruce:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Duck - welcome back! Wow, you have such amazing adventures, we LOVE your photos!

    Hey - you know what? You really inspired our humans! When they travelled to Edinburgh recently and couldn't take us with them they got hold of a very small plush schnauzer and took photos of him in front of some famous Scottish landmarks! They enjoyed doing this!

    Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! Greeting from a southern Mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! Duck on board!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what fun.. I need a ducks vacation.. thanks for visiting my blog..
    patsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. heeh where in Holland at the 9th floor? Just interested , seems you jhad a great tour, greetings to duckie, from JoAnn/Holland

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice to meet you ! Shame you didn't get to meet Ernest who was travelling around Blogland...he cold have come to stay with you & had an adventure. Something went wrong at his last host home & he has gone missing. He is a young impressionable Rooster - perhaps you could look for him on your travels & tell him to come home to The Hen House !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am visiting via Anne of Oxford's blog. I love this holiday story and will be back to hear about Sundays's adventure. Great story telling duck. Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by! Will visit you when I return!